I was driving down Whittier Blvd towards Beach, towards Bonnie's house. The music wasn't on loud (was it even on at all?), we weren't talking, we had just let a hush fall over the car. I looked at the Fresh and Easy and wondered if I should go in and pick up groceries. I looked at the left turn light turn yellow and wondered why my light was still green. Still green.
And my mind was silent. Until Bonnie asked if I was going to slow down yet.
And soon enough my mind was blank and full all at once and the light was red and I was driving through the intersection. It was a complete accident and it was completely my fault, all at once. I was so upset at myself that I started crying driving around Bonnie's neighborhood.
I think God wants me to stop judging the drivers who run red lights carelessly. Because now I'm one of them, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment