My Torrey interview was today. I found myself driving down Imperial wondering if I even wanted to get into Torrey. It's going to be hard. It's going to be a lot of work. Maybe God wants me to take a break or something. I've worked pretty hard over the past four years, maybe I'm just supposed to be a normal Biola kid for the next four.
And then I found myself chatting it up with three girls waiting for the interview to start. Juliet, Lara, and Natalie. I felt so out of my league. Juliet has read all but 4 of the books on the Torrey list. Lara has a brother at Biola. And Natalie was just plain intelligent. I felt so out of my league.
And I realized, maybe I'll be booted from the list of prospective students.
But I went into the interview with John Mark and the other 11 seniors, and we talked. At one point, it ceased to be an interview. It was a conversation. About Narnia, 2 Peter, sin, pride, endurance. I found myself wishing we had another half hour to talk, because I had thoughts and things to say, I wanted to hear what other people would say in response. I realized that with my love of conversations, I would fit right in at Torrey.
I really want to get in to Torrey. John Mark said we'd know in two weeks max. I am not a patient person.
God is the giver of good gifts, right?
God is a giver of good gifts, if they are meant for us.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying that your desires will be heard m'dear.
I'm definitely praying. :]