Monday, March 23, 2009

Listening to Francis Chan: a post where i feel very incoherent

He mentions, or mocks, really, how Christians so often wait on God's voice. Wait, and wait, and wait, on audible sounds from the Lord who makes stars that are so huge that it makes my skin tingle.

There is no audible voice.

I mean, I guess He has an audible voice, but He isn't going to go speaking to everyone all the time, telling believers "hey, do this, don't do that, etc etc." What good would faith do, aside from making us follow? And wouldn't we pretty much have to follow after Hearing?

But we're supposed to just be reading His voice and realizing, "hey, I need to do something about this." And not just feeling the conviction, but acting on it.

I feel like I'm doing something right since I've finally stopped waiting for the voice and started listening, started acting.

1 comment:

  1. If God used an audible voice to speak to us, would we need faith? Faith is believing in what is not easily seen or understood. If God gave us directions, there would be no point to Christianity. Patience would be quite useless, and our walk with God would be a mere stroll in the park. A life of goods handed and directed, would be a pitiful, gluttons life. A life of experience, patience, timing, waiting, and struggles makes life worth while.

    ReplyDelete