Friday, March 13, 2009
Hello, Old Friend?
All of the sudden, an old friend has entered his way into my life through two coincidences. Well, maybe he's not a part of my life, really, and maybe he wasn't even that much of a friend, but he's been stuck in my mind for the past week. He was Lumiere in Beauty and the Beast and he's La Habra's Varsity Boys Tennis Captain. I saw Beauty in the Beast with Kelli and Amy to support the other Amy and Christine and Katie and Bethany and him. And I happened to be watching today's Varsity Boys Tennis Game, seeing as I was on Tennis and I used to have it bad for La Serna's Varsity Tennis Captain. And I realized just how much I miss the high school group of two years ago, just how much I miss Wes Johnson. We weren't even that close, but I miss having his presence around. He was always so casual and quirky and fun and I don't think I'll ever be able to forget him and Ryan and Mark doing the Numa Numa dance together in 8th grade. I feel like this would be a weird thing to tell him, though, about missing him. I don't know how I'd find him to tell him, anyways. I don't know why he left Whittier Hills. I mean, I know why, but I don't know why. I guess I've always assumed the worst, but running into him convinced me that the worst wasn't true. Or was it? I don't know, I just wish he were a part of my life. I miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that kid. Love. Him.
ReplyDeleteHe's on facebook you know.