Monday, December 8, 2008

Healing

He was wearing a WWJD bracelet today. I know that some woven strings on his wrist means nothing to his soul, but still. A tiny part of me was bitter, hurt, heartbroken. Why can't he be mine, now that I know he legitimately tries, even if he isn't perfect on the outside? But the other part of me reacted so much better: As long as he loves Jesus, I'm okay with life.

And really, that's how I see it. He can have his love story with the girl from Cal, as long as he loves Jesus. Because, really, that's what it's all about.

I think I'm healing. I think this is good.

1 comment:

  1. That IS good...and from a previous post it sounded like one of the reasons he likes her is because she makes him want to love God more?...this is also good. Really. Whatever pushes him to God is what is best for him.

    Hard though. Still hard.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete