Oh, dear, sweet, blog readers, I'm sorry I forgot to blog about this.
The fairweather friend is done being fairweather, and he's back to being a friend. A few conversations with his beautiful soul of a sister worked as boy-girl translations. He finally realized he was leading me on. And he has a girl. And he didn't want to lead me on. And he didn't want me to hurt anymore. So, in his infinite boy-wisdom, he decided that instead of talking to me about this, he would ignore me. That way, I wouldn't get the wrong idea anymore. I wouldn't be led on.
Yes, it was stupid, but it was also sweet. He wasn't weirded out that I had feelings for him. He just didn't want me to have any more heartbreak. Little did he know that what he thought was the cure was only making the problem worse.
And his sister, in all her beauty and wonder, talked to him. And now we talk. And now we laugh. And now we're friends again.
I feel so healed.
And so I spent three hours talking to his sister about failed relationships on Friday afternoon. Her brother wasn't even a topic of discussion. Things are good. This is how boys and girls are supposed to interact.
And I now realize I adore his sister. She's so beautiful. She loves Jesus and she struggles with boys. She knows pain and she knows joy. She isn't fake. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She's fun and lovable and so vulnerable. I adore her and I can't get past how loving she is; I can't put it into words.
Woot woot! Glad things are getting better. Glad the sis is amazing. Glad you're friends again. And glad that you have the most amazing blog layout I've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteYay! Amazing how conversations make situations much easier to deal with. I'm glad everything is getting better though.
ReplyDeleteAND YOUR BLOG IS LOVELY.
Now, I'm jealous so I'll create a new one. Ahaha.