Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wall-E

"I don't want to survive! I want to live!"
I've been surviving the situation, clenching the fists in the back of my mind, grinding the teeth of my imagination, trying not to think about it. Hoping if I ignored it, it might flee; if I willed it gone, it would comply. I've been fighting my prideful will, hoping I can beat it down into submission, but it struggles the whole way down.

I'm sick of surviving it.

I want to live through it. I want to laugh, love, live free, and sing. I want to fall into His will and see that I don't have to fight my own will if I give it over. I just have to let Him move where He wants, use me how He desires, and things will be so much more crisp and beautiful than I could have ever made them on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment