I was talking to Natahsha about this situation that stares me in the eyes, that messes with my mind, and this is what I realized:
I know if I got the chance at the situation, I'd forget Jesus. Not like I'd walk away from my faith or anything like that, because I love Christ more than life. But I'd try and juggle them both. And isn't that about as loving to Jesus as defenestrating him? I know I wouldn't let things get very far before we had the God talk. But I'm scared to talk to him about spiritual things. But then I feel ashamed for being scared to talk about Christ, like, I'm BLESSED with this, and I'm ashamed of it?
And I swear the next words weren't hers. They were transcendent words of the Spirit.
You're not ashamed. You're just afraid that he won't be ready. You love God. No question about it. But when witnessing it's the fear of rejection. Rejection that he doesn't accept the most important part of your life. Which is your faith. ... Keep listening to Him.
So if anything does happen with him, then we'll talk about Him right away. But I will listen to Him more than I will listen to him. I will find contentment in Him before I go searching for contentment in him. I will realize He is eternal and he is fleeting.
<33333
ReplyDelete