Sometimes I listen to my head instead of listening to my finicky emotions. Just sometimes. And it always works out for the best.
Because today I did something I didn't want to do, but knew I should. And I had the most fun I've had since...well, since Saturday. But not counting Saturday, it would have been a lot less recent. I played some great tennis and realized I'm not a bad player after all--I was just having a bad day last Wednesday. And then lunch and Target, where I bought this big old hobo bag satchel purse beast that I adore. And just, I got to relax and to hang out and enjoy life.
Thank Jesus that sometimes I listen to my head instead of my flesh.
Song lyrics...I have a friend who is itching to put some lyrics to music. He's a great pianist and he keeps trying to wriggle some lyrics out of me (claiming he has no talent for it). I'm giving it a go...and thought you might be rip for the challenge, too, because you are a brilliant writer.
ReplyDeleteYea for Purse Beasts and Tennis Warriors.