I put my faith in youToday I put all of my hope and all of my faith in a situation. In a moment. In the day. In myself, really. Every single ounce, and I knew I would. And I knew that it wouldn't end well. But I did it anyway.
So much faith
And then you just threw it away.
I mean, it's not like anything happened. Of course nothing happened. But my attitude was one that was head over heels focused on this moment, not on anything important or influential.
And so I did about fifty driving home. Paramore was blaring so loud that my ears were ringing. I lost my voice in Haley Williams' vocals and tried not to think.
That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa.And I realized I had let my heart win, let my flesh win, even though I'd prayed so fervently five hours earlier "Let it be Your will, not my will."
I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating.
I still try holding onto silly things, I never learn.
Oh why, all the possibilities I'm sure you've heard.
And so I struggle when I get exactly what I asked for.
paramore <33
ReplyDeleteher voice is amazing.
and the lyrics are inspiring.
having the same coach as her is like jahsds amazing.
give it patience, my dear.
hear the silence and he will speak.
your heart will be moved and you'll be so confident in what direction you will need to go in.