Friday, October 3, 2008

Foreshadowing

After half an hour of debate, around seven oclock, my dad, Kimmy, and I headed off to Cal Hi for our Homecoming game. My dad was being silly, saying that he didn't want to go. When we heard a siren he joked that Cal Hi was in a bad part of town, that there had been a drive by shooting, that four were already dead, and that he would be the fifth. He continued to joke and jab, until reality jabbed back. Soon enough there was a cop car trying to squeeze between me and the oncoming traffic, which was already at a dead standstill. And then came the ambulance. And then came the voice of the motherlike driver of the suv passing us.

"There's been a hit and run up there. You're going to have to turn around. The girl was hit and she's still out in the middle of the street."

That hurts.
It tears my heart apart.
A lot.

All I know to do is pray. I don't know if she's alive. I don't know if she's from La Serna or Cal. I don't know if she's young or old, in love, depressed or content. I don't know anything. All I know is that a human life is in danger and my stomach churns thinking of what if she's someone I know.

2 comments:

  1. That's awful! I'll definitely pray about it...keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad. I'm praying that everything is in God's protection and hands.

    ReplyDelete