Monday, October 20, 2008

Olfaction

I love when things smell nice. Laundry. Hair. Air fresheners. Perfume. Candles.

As long as it smells pleasant. Sometimes musky, normally heavy and rich.

Which is why I delight in saying I just put an air freshener on my desk and the world feels right.

I mean, it's not the air freshener that makes the world all well. It's just that the air freshener is the cherry on top of the sundae of my Monday. I wondered if the sundae was rotten, if it was atrociously ugly and horrible and not at all what I wanted. For a while, the sundae depressed me. But that last scoop on top made me see it's not mold; it's Green Tea. It's not what I was expecting and not necessarily what I wanted, but it'll work. And the cherry on top makes it all the more better.

2 comments:

  1. it's the simple things that make our days worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My clothes have been smelling really good lately...I get that happy shudder of joy when I bury my face in them.

    ReplyDelete