So I searched for recipes last night. And I found the perfect one. I chopped it up this afternoon, marinated it in herbs and italian dressing, and grilled it up to go along with some corn on the cob and some steaks my Dad made, marinade process and all.
And my mom didn't appreciate it.
More than didn't appreciate it. She ate one bite and refused to eat more of the steak or the zucchini. I asked her what else I could have put the zucchini in, in case I was given more. And she said "Well, zucchini can go in a lot of things, just not like this when it's burnt."
It was grilled, not burnt.
But when you cook for friends, even if it's not good, at least you spent time together. With my friends, the group who has slowly become my best friends, no matter if the waffles had too much water and the consistency is way off or the tomato hand pies are pretty much the best thing you've ever tasted, it's always amazing because you get the chance to be together and that's sometimes all that matters. That's most times all that matters.
And on top of that, my Dad thinks I burst a blood vessel in my eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment