Sunday, July 5, 2009

Holes

There is a hole in the crotch of the Nerds Candy pj pants I'm wearing. A friend gave them to me for my 15th birthday, and I remember that day ridiculously vividly. Maybe that's because it meant a lot to me or maybe that's because I just imported all of my pictures to my macbook and those were the first I saw.

Is it melodramatic to feel that if I throw my pj pants away, I'm throwing away one of the last things that reminds me of the girl who was my best friend since 4th grade and who only slipped out over the past 7 months?

Long story short: I miss her more than the girls I saw a week ago at a grad party who were my "best friends" and who plan sleepovers and don't invite me. There's no bitterness to Jessica's sleepovers that I'm not included in, because I legitimately genuinely love her from this deep down part of my heart that only a few people get access to. And it just means it sucks more when I remember that we're going down different actual paths in the world now.

No comments:

Post a Comment