Sunday, May 3, 2009

Linens N Things

I had forgotten how much I love that parking lot until I found myself there today. I drove ten miles from a friend's house after studying. I just started driving home and the right songs came on and I passed up Mulberry and Hornell and Leffingwell and soon I was long past home.

It was good to think. And to be alone. I think this is why I'm moving out on August 17--so I can shut the door and not be with people. I love people, don't get me wrong, but there are just those times where I just need to be without others, to be able to think. I guess I think best when I'm alone. And my house is so small and so crowded that I'm never ever alone.

Maybe if I just cleaned some of the clutter, closed the doors. Maybe.

I've also finally decided that I like my car, the little 98 Gold Dodge Stratus that I sometimes resent, just because it isn't my old 98 Gold Saturn that I loved with all the passion every seventeen year old has for their first car. But the Stratus, he's been initiated now. He's been on enough of my capricious and impulsive trips, heard enough of my car confessions, and listened to me sing along to every song on my ipod, almost, so he's alright in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment