The ones where you feel eight thousand conflicting things at once?
The one where you really want a boyfriend, or you feel inadequate in this world of superstars, or you want to be good at just one thing, or you feel like you're not making a difference, or you feel like you don't know where you're supposed to be or go or do. But at the same time, you feel guilty for feeling all of this.
Yeah, that's me right now. And I think I blame Bryce Avary.

I saw him Thursday night and loved it. He had a great setlist and poured himself into what he was doing. The supporting bands were even pretty great.
But I got to thinking of how I'd like a boy like Bryce, one who's open and raw with the public, be it through lyrics or whatever other medium, of life and faith and pains and hope. The fact that he's musically inclined doesn't' hurt, and his squeaky little boy voice is just plain cute. I envy his hair and his inspiration.
But I'm not even attracted to him. I mean, good thing, he's 8 years older than me and the extent of our conversing has lasted about 2 minutes. And he's married.
But I just feel like I can't do anything right. I can't play music to save my life (trust me, I've tried). I lost to the easiest school at tennis. My hair isn't as cool as Bryce's, and he's a boy. I can't even keep many friends close for more than a few months at a time, aside from a select few, who, for some unknown reason, seem to like me. The boys I'd consider for a relationship never think the same of me, and the ones who want me are ones who it wouldn't work with.
I feel like I've been created to create. I make things. I don't know things, I make them.
But I have no idea what I was created to do. What am I here for? What college should I go to? What major should I pick? I know it's a good thing that I don't have my own expectations, so that He can more easily mold me, but it's frustrating not knowing what's He's molding me to be.
I know in my head that this is a reminder of God's timing, my inadequacy, and my worth in Him alone, but I'm just not feeling it, you know?
All I have is all of me, and it's all that I can give.But I don't know how to give it.
Love, you are beautiful and talented.
ReplyDeleteYou have one of the most gracious hearts I have ever known. You are beautiful, amazing and brilliant. I'm am so blessed to have you in my life.
And boys, I would like one too.
But God has both put amazing schedules in our lives for a reason. Our time is valued and our special boys are coming, they just aren't worth our time yet and God is working on them.
Ok I gotta ask since Im gettin zero feedback from rachel... how was Phantom Planet??
ReplyDeleteYou're good enough for me to follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteI love you miss Jen. You'll figure it out. And I GUARANTEE YOU that your 26 year old self (like me and Bryce) will look back on your 17 year old self and say, "Huh...I never would have guessed..."
Life is an adventure. God will throw things at you that you never expect.
MUAH.
Ya I am a fan. In 11th grade a girl that sat behind me made me a mix tape of my superhero/phantom planet's early stuff, they totally rocked. I will have to pick up their new CD.
ReplyDelete