Sunday, September 21, 2008

Seasons

The first Motif I wrote about in my Murder in the Cathedral T-Notes were seasons. It's the object of the Chorus's wailing from beginning to end of the play. Everything is cyclical.

And it made me realize that my life has seasons, too. This summer was a season of closeness to God, a season of busy-ness, but one of purpose and life throughout. And now?

Now is a season of homework, of tennis, of busy-ness, of little sleep. In the past week I've had three tennis games, read Hamlet, finished two sets of T-Notes, and applied to Azusa Pacific. There was an Oasis Meeting, Car Wash, and Spanish Test. Tonight I still have to read a chapter of Econ, write for an hour about Hamlet, make my dad a tuna fish sandwich, and finish my application to Corban. I've heard talk of an upcoming Econ research paper, a Blood Drive, and Girls Bible Study starting back up.

It's no surprise that I've been putting God off. A lot. And is it any wonder that I found myself wondering where God was this morning? Why he felt so far? Why the worship felt like songs and the message felt like words? But then I remembered.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8
I have to draw near to Him, to make an effort, to give Him time and focus over Twisselmann's class or tennis.

All I know is that I'm ready for this season in my life to be over. I'm ready to graduate and to let go of the shackles AP classes put on me. Really, I'm done. No five is worth this.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely know with school starting the stress is enormous and it just seems that there isn't enough time for anything. I'm praying for you, for strength and peace. God knows you're busy and he's is always there never forsaking us, which is why he is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized we have the same blog layout.

    ReplyDelete