Earlier today, after sucking it up at practice, I was trying to remind myself that my worth is not in tennis, in backhands, overhands, forehands, or services. No doubles partner or match score. But my worth is in Christ.
Sounds pretty, right?
But when I really thought about it, I realized it's a tough thing to swallow.
My worth isn't anything I can do in this whole area of my life. My purpose isn't any reason I would pick of myself. The reason I'm alive is not something I can change.
It's Christ.
And that's a really hard thing to surrender over. In fact, it's everything. And it's hard to give everything over, even if it's for someone better all your expectations, better than what you deserve, better than the life you're left clinging to.
Amen...
ReplyDeleteremember, too, that you cannot disappoint God, because God does not put his hope in you.