I even had the ending lines of the journalblog ready--I was going to say how my style normally utilized juxtaposition and how normally I would end with some glimmer of hope like "I'm getting better" or "It's going to be so worth it" but how I didn't see any hope for tennis, I was just going to keep swinging and missing.
But then I sit down at my desk to type it all up, and hit the spacebar on my keyboard to start The Bird and the Bee Sides back up in iTunes, from part-way within some random song that I had paused when I left to pick up Kimmy from school at 1:30.
And the words that attacked me, that floated out of the speakers, the soft melody that swam through the airwaves and into my consciousness, the words that stabbed at my heart:
But I have emerged unscathed because I know You.God just has this way of messing with me. Of sending in his own divine juxtaposition--of letting me wallow in my self, in my "worries" and "sorrows," of letting me vent and complain about Coaches and my lack of skill, but then gently reminding me with Matt Thiessen's subdued vocals that I have Him. That I have been blessed immensely. That I am intelligent and that He has blessed me with two FIVES. Yesterday I was full of constant praise and adoration. I mean, I got a five in US, a five in English, and a four in Physics! It's amazing and I was so shocked, I felt so blessed. And the truth is I am so blessed. Academics aside, I have life eternal, everlasting, abundant, real. I have hope and truth and love. I have the God of the universe and I worry about moving my arm the right way to hit a silly little tennis ball.
There Was Another Time In My Life--Relient K
Divine juxtaposition will always make my sorrows flutter away.
WE HAVE TO PLAY TENNIS TOGETHER! I SUCK TOO!
ReplyDeleteI know that wasn't the point of your blog, but...
You're absolutely amazing, dear.
ReplyDelete