Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sailing on a Ship

I'm sailing on a ship that's bound for life
I wrestle with the wind, against the tide
I leave it all behind to reach for more
I'm sailing on to your golden shores
Sailing on a Ship--Phil Wickham

This is my life. Ships mean journeys. And that's me. Ships and their journeys are paradoxes. There are days when you're stuck in the storm and there is literally no end to the pain in sight. And there are days when the sun in shining and the birds are singing and life is just inexpressibly happy. There are days when the ship is broken down and there are days when the ship is whole. There is journey. There is hope. There is leaving the past behind, there is searching for more. Sailing on. Keeping on. Living.

And just like a ship, there's a destination. It's life. Life abundantly, life eternal, life beyond our greatest expectations. There are days where the land is far and the salty taste of the sea in your mouth is as repulsive as bile. And there are days when you can almost feel the hot sand squishing beneath your anxious toes. You're filled with anticipation, yet you know that the shore is going to be so much more than you ever could have imagined.

This is life. This is love. This is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment