Wednesday, April 14, 2010

today: a string of disconnected thoughts

Rachmaninov's Vespers/All Night Vigil is the most stunningly beautiful thing I have encountered all year. Maybe longer, even. It is gorgeous. It made me cry. It is wonderful all over.

Almond milk has a strangely almondy taste, unless you pair it with fake cheerios & raisins. Don't put too many raisins in, though, or they'll all fall to the bottom and you'll have almond milk and raisins, which is weird.

I don't know what my focused area of study should be: ICS, English, or Art. Or Early Childhood. ICS because I want to teach in the inner city. English because I love books. Art because being creative keeps me sane. Early Childhood because I don't even know why.

Brushing my teeth is one of my favorite parts of the day.

A boy in my bio lecture didn't know what menstruation was this morning. Then the prof started talking about labor and a girl a few seats behind me let out "Oh dear God."

A little baby powder in mildly oily hair will make it look a-okay.

Whenever I walk past the room next to me and the door is open, it's slammed shut within 15 seconds.

I considered chopping all of my hair of. For reals, this time. A pixie. I only didn't because of the awkward growing out stages it would go through. I settled on just my bangs. Again.

I'm giving someone a second chance to prove themself today. They probably don't even realize. They'll probably fail the test. I'll probably still forgive them.

1 comment:

  1. Aw...that's not fair...if someone doesn't know they're supposed to prove themselves, how can they do it?

    The boy who didn't know what menstruation was was probably homeschooled. And someday he'll come out of the closet.

    ReplyDelete