Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Big Girl

Iron & Wine makes me feel like a real college student.

As does my first thong. (It was a joke...I can't decide if I like it or not).

A little bit of rain and some Nickel Creek would make me feel more collegiate.

It's weird to be in the process of growing up. This is a different kind of growing up than high school. Maybe that was growing up. Maybe this is becoming an adult. Managing finances that aren't just made up of birthday money and summer job income, but loans, grants, scholarships, and the occasional paycheck. Dealing with homework and jobs and school and summer school and fingerprinting and feeding 50 people for a weekend.

My clothing smells like my drawers at home and makes me feel not grown up. I need to do laundry and shower. And I'd much rather be out feeding people whose last care is washing their clothes.

Life is such a strange dichotomy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment