Friday, October 23, 2009

A Room of My Own

I've never had my own room. Unless you count before my sister was born. But I don't know if that counts.

I'm really excited to have a room of my own some day. To be able to shut the door and be alone. Be that to be alone with myself, my homework, or my God. I want to paint the walls and not worry about if my roommate or sister will like the pictures and posters everywhere. I want a big, comfortable Savers chair to read Chesterton in and I want the freedom to wear my lounge shorts and not worry that my legs aren't perfectly smooth. I want to blast the same Rocket Summer cd for weeks on end and be okay with that.

I think I might move home next year. I'd be saving 6k a year. And I wouldn't have to deal with gyrads. My dad said I'd get my own room. I think I'll pick a paint color soon.

1 comment:

  1. Do you guys have a third room? Cause that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete