I spent my first year at Biola holding on to my Whittier friends. I didn't want to risk losing them, so I didn't let go. And I hung out with high school friends doing mundane things while my Biola friends made a blanket fort during an all-campus power outage.
And now I'm just beginning to realize that my Biola friends are absolutely freaking fantastic. And worth pursuing. And we can adventure and do stupid things and do profound things and talk about Mormonism in Red Robin while I wear a mustache. Yes, yes, yes. We can pray together, we can read Aeschylus together, we can be devious. My Biola friends are amazing. And I'm going to spend this year pursuing my Biola friends, because they're worth it. And because God placed me here.
Find balance, right? Take some of my own advice, right? Don't give up on either extreme for the other. Yeah, I guess, but that's easier said than done. I'll still try though.
"The end."
And in ten years you'll find that you're still friends with both sets.
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete