I seldom shower on Friday nights. I'm always really tired and really tempted by the idea that I won't see anyone on Saturday, probably. Well, I never used to, at least. I'd always stay home on Saturdays. And now I have Shakespeare Festivals and Spaghetti Lunch Setups and Unproms. But the thought has still stuck with me that it's entirely okay not to shower on Friday nights. And it is. I mean, what's one day without cleaning my hair, even though I only wash it every other day anyways? And another 24 hours with the slight scent of Friday morning's perfume hastily sprayed on while walking out the door?
I always say I'll shower Saturday morning. I never do.
Saturday night showers are always my favorite, even though I dread them the most of the week, because I have grown comfortable with the idea of not showering. But, truth is, Saturday night showers are necessary and enjoyable. I love how clean I feel after getting out, how I feel like I didn't just waste water, but actually needed it to get clean. And I love how the water swirling down the drain is always a little murky from the extra dirt on my feet and day's worth of life stuck on my body and in my hair.
I feel like this should somehow apply to life or something, especially if I'm blogging about it. But I really just wanted to let you all know about the joy of Saturday night showers.
Your description of the murky water was magnificently disgusting.
ReplyDeleteRen faire was fun.