Thursday, June 18, 2009

Closure

It is like God directly orchestrated last night's youth group so that I'd be okay with leaving them all behind. I was anxious to go and late to leave because of dinner. I got there and was pretty sad that it'd be a lot harder for me to keep in touch with a bunch of these people now, but I dealt with it. I just couldn't think about leaving Michael, or else I'd tear up. But so Amanda Bickel and I talked about how she was just ready to leave high school. And how I just wasn't quite there yet.

And Andrew Walker talked about worship and it was good. So good. And I was super excited to go to Costa Rica with him this summer to love it up on the young Tico youth group.

And then we broke into small groups and all the chaos of 13-17 year old kids broke loose and...well, it was chaotic. There were thee "small" groups and it was so loud because of the Junior girls that I couldn't even hear what Amanda was saying as she sat next to me. The staff members tried time and time again to quiet it down and it just never worked. Our conversation was choppy at best until the girls went outside to finish their small group questions. And then the conversation was good.

But it was in those moments of screaming and laughing and not at all talking about worship that I realized I am done with high school on so many levels. I am done with the high school youth group and the immaturity of people as young as myself. I am done with La Serna and the fact that I graduate in 8 hours and still don't have a clue what's going on. And I'm done with the temperamental and annoying high school version of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it losing him? Is he going to school far away?

    ReplyDelete