Friday, June 26, 2009

Avoidance of What is Most Necessary

Sometimes I know exactly what I need to do in a certain situation. For instance, in this situation I just need to get away from people and my macbook and my cell phone and turn off the music (and I never turn off the music) and think and pray and journal out everything I'm feeling and thinking and wanting.

And sometimes I just don't do it. Like now. I find things to make myself busy, to the point of checking my cell phone bill for literally 2 hours or scrubbing the tub (though both chores, legitimately, did need to be done sometime soon). Or blogging about how I'm avoiding it. But it's too painful to start the process of thinking. It's too hard to get alone in this house. And my thought process can be put off until later, right?

Except it can't. I really need to just get off the computer and get alone with my journal and Jesus and tell Him what's going on. Tell myself what's going on. And figure out where I'm going with this.

So I guess that's what I'll do.

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling. It's the same feeling you have when you keep eating marshmallows out of the open bag, even though you don't really want them.

    ReplyDelete