They said, “Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise.”
-2:32 of the Koran. Koran 2:32? I don’t know how to cite this…
I’m reading the Quran. Koran. I’m fascinated by Muslim culture. I just finished Three Cups of Tea, which is about a man (Greg Mortenson) who stumbles into a Pakistani village and ends up promising to build them a school. And then he does. And then some. So I figured, why not just read the Quran for myself and see what Muslims believe. I have all this secondhand knowledge from an Intro to Islam class my roommate took a year ago…Now’s time to take charge and learn things for myself.
I’ve read 2…chapters? I think they’re chapters. And so far the worst part is that Allah mocks wrongdoers. I want to say that Yahweh doesn’t…right? right? I can’t fathom him doing that…
It’s not very storylike thus far. The Torah/Old Testament is all about stories. But the Koran is very…straightforward and rambly at the same time.
And to Allah belongs the east and the west. So wherever you [might] turn, there is the Face of Allah . Indeed, Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
-2:115. And very straightforward in its theology.
But here’s to a semester of California History, Peoples of Ethnic America, Theology, Psych Foundations of Education, the Koran, Hart, MENS, being a pre-K teacher, and my own walk with Jesus.
Wow! That's a bold move. I think it is great that you are trying to understand Islam from the inside out because really, that's the only way to go. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we're in another class together. Just saying.
ReplyDelete