Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 and Sickness

I got really sick in 2010. In Spring semester I had a cold that lasted 3 weeks. Twice. Over the summer I got my normal school's-out-cold. Fall semester I had bronchitis for 5 weeks. Then the stomach flu and a trip to the ER in the ambulance because of how weak I was. And all throughout the year I had sleep paralysis (pretty much your mind wakes up while your body is paralyzed in REM sleep and you hallucinate and I think it's demonic and it's painful and terrifying and lasts like all night long and sucks).

I pushed myself really hard. 16 unit spring with my first studio art class and a job. 3 unit summer with all my spare time planning the Torrientation menu. 18 unit fall with 2 studio art classes and a job and an ultimate frisbee team. There were periods where I got 5 hours of sleep a night max for weeks on end. I taught Sunday school throughout, to the point where I don't go to my college group anymore because I burnt out so badly. I impulsively ran 6.25 miles straight one night when I didn't want to think...This coming from the girl who couldn't run a mile straight until March.

I pushed myself hard.

And it ended up with me getting really sick really often.

Not this year.

Because I'm not going to subject my body to all that again. Sure, I'll still have the job and friends and 18 units and life, but I don't want to get sick. I'm sick of being sick.

Here's to a more chill 2011. I think I'll drink more tea.

1 comment: