Wednesday, June 9, 2010

High Speed Rail

In my distraction from the question of "Describe in your own words what The Kingdom of God means as described by Jesus," I found out that the state of California is going to make a high speed rail system that will (in part) go from Norwalk to Sacramento. My life will be absolutely and utterly complete.

I miss Northern California. I'm tree deprived here. I really am. It's sparse. Dry. Suburban. Gross.

Suburbia is kind of one of my least favorite things right now. It's somehow not the same as suburban to me. It's neither urban nor does it have trees. It's neither hot nor cold. It's just gross all over.

And I hate this June Gloom nonsense. The fog in the morning that makes you think the day is going to be 20ยบ cooler than it is by noon. It's nonsense. I like the temperature of my day to progress normally, I like to be able to know what kind of clothes I should wear when I wake up.

And I love public transportation. I want to get on another train. Really really badly. It was so fun. Isn't there somewhere I can go visit? Please? I'd even take the freeways at this point, I just want to travel. Not for the destination, but for the process. For the progress.

I think I like transportation so much because I like change. And transportation brings change after change after change.

No comments:

Post a Comment