Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Missions Conference & Roommate Chat Seshes

Last night my roommate and I talked about...well, a lot of things. A friend of hers in Texas making bad choices. Trusting God. The power of the Holy Spirit. A spirit of love instead of a spirit of condemnation. Doubt. America's issues. The rest of the world's issues. Trusting God, trusting God, trusting God. Prayer as powerful, not a backup plan, but the plan itself. Missions. What we're going to do once we graduate. Moving to other countries or moving down the street.

And I realized I really do want to work at a camp this summer.

And I really do want to be a teacher in inner city LA.

Maybe Jesus "is obsessed with the mess that's America" too.

I think He is.

And today began missions conference and the speaker talked about how the world now lives in the cities, more than half of the population of planet earth is urban. And I'm finding that I just really have a heart for the urban world, for LA. I've lived half an hour away from what the speaker today considered "a super giant city," my whole life. Or am I a part of LA?

I don't know, I just want to go be a part of the broken and hurting people and show them love. Show them that I'm broken and hurting, too,
but Jesus covers over that.

I just...am in one of those moods where I don't want to be in school, I want to go serve the Kingdom right here right now.

Patience, though, is key. I'm not ready to be a teacher. I'm not ready. It's okay for me to be
right here
right now.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that your heart is set on that:) I feel as if my heart wants to reach out to all the teenagers out there who aren't shown love, abused, or think that there isn't a point for them in this world and so they try to kill themselves. I don't know why but I really want to be able to help each and everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete