I run so that I can be alone even when I am surrounded by people. I can escape into my mind even when Kanye West is singing to me and me alone. Passing people doesn't matter, but I hate being passed. And I run.
Tonight was one of those nights. It was cathartic and awful and draining and amazing. I ran for...an hour? An hour and a half? Somewhere in there. And I have absolutely no concept of the number of laps I ran... More than seven at least. But less than 15. Twelve? Twelve sounds good.
So on Tuesday I am moving to the backside of Biola. I can literally see Biola's back end from my front lawn. This is one reason I haven't contacted you; the last two weeks have been CRAZY. BUT, I want to run on Biola's track and play tennis on Biola's tennis courts with you, and have you over to my house and my backyard to talk about Nouwen.
ReplyDeleteI love that feeling of escape, where you lose track of time and/or forget problems. Too bad I can't run still, but walking works too. Also, the whole music thing, I concur. Bryce sings to me and only me and it feels awesome, haha.
ReplyDeletecathartic :D
ReplyDeleteand i own exercise-worthy shoes... maybe you should inspire me.