Friday, September 25, 2009

Productive

Today I didn't wear makeup. It wasn't a conscious decision. I just forgot to. I always wear makeup. And I was surrounded my friends and acquaintances and complete strangers all day: in the caf, in the library, in a writing seminar, in the caf, on the track, in my room. And it didn't bother me at all. That's so strange for me. Generally if I don't have foundation & powder I feel like I look sick or tired or juvenile.

And I didn't realize until about seven or so. It was a good realization. I am the same with and without makeup.

I feel like I'm shedding stereotypes and obstacles that are keeping me from truth.

I also feel like maybe I'm being cliche.

2 comments:

  1. Stop wearing makeup. I don't wear it. You want to be like me, don't you? Look at how amazing I am...and it all comes from wearing no makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started wearing foundation cause of an ugly birthday mark on my face. See, it never bothered me until people asked 'What's on your face? Are you sick?'. Now, I cover it, haha. Not caking it on but enough that people aren't drawn to it.

    Okay, I'm going to stop typing. hahaa.

    ReplyDelete